The prestigious Virginia Governor's Fellows Program is now accepting applications.
photo: 2014 Governor's Fellows
From the Guv's website:
The historic and prestigious Virginia Governor's Fellows Program offers a select group of outstanding and highly motivated individuals the opportunity to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the Commonwealth. Established in 1982, the Governor's Fellows Program brings exceptional students with creative ideas to state government — an experience that often leads to careers in public service.
(Please note change in eligibility for rising college seniors)
Qualified applicants must be:
- Rising college seniors, graduating college seniors or enrolled as degree candidates in a graduate/professional school
- Enrolled in a Virginia college/university or a Virginia resident enrolled in an out-of-state institution
- Commited to excellence in academics
- Able to demonstrate leadership ability
- Involved in extracurricular activities
- Active in community service
The selection of Fellows will be based solely on merit, without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, or political affiliation.
Participants are placed in different positions in the Governor's Office and in various agencies throughout the Executive Branch. The program attempts to match Fellows with compatible assignments according to background, interests and future goals.
There's more here.
Interested? Click here to access the application online.